Updated April 2018
City Proposes Extensive Rezones for CHUV; Neighbors can Comment
The Office of Planning and Community Development released its preferred alternative zoning recommendations for Crown Hill Urban Village as part of the final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- View the recommended zoning changes in CHUV and Citywide on this more easily readable interactive map (click Preferred Alternative Map).
- A printable copy of the CHUV map is here.
- The City released their summary of community input. View that document here.
- Read the City’s information about the proposed changes, including frequently asked questions, see examples of proposed housing changes and more HERE.
- Updated descriptions of the housing types proposed for CHUV (downloadable .pdf here)
How YOU can weigh-in on the rezones
The re-zoning proposal will go to City Council for a vote that is currently anticipated in late Summer, 2018. An open house and a public hearing were held in February/Marc of 2018, and many neighbors testified, wrote and called. Neighbors can still ask questions and voice their opinions about the rezones. How?
Contacting the City Council by phone or email. Contact information is here.
Go to City Hall to make public comment before the City Council Select Committee on Mandatory Housing Affordability that is convening regularly until August to discuss the rezones. The schedule is available at this link.
Appeal of the Environmental Impact Statement Underway
Neighbors have requested information on the neighborhood coalition legal appeal currently underway of the MHA Environmental Impact Statement and rezoning. Contact Seattle Fair Growth directly to learn more about the appeal and to donate. CHUV Committee for Smart Growth is not participating in the appeal.
CHUV Committee for Smart Growth will update the neighbors of next steps as we learn more.
Archival information about the previous proposed rezoning maps as well CHUV neighbor comments and feedback are available for reference below …
Posted Winter 2016
What do Neighbors think about the proposed rezone maps?
- Read the Summary or Full Report of Neighbor Feedback on the draft maps our Committee shared with the City in December.
- NEW: The City released a summary of neighbor feedback from the November 15th City Council led Design Workshops, including the map, summary of themes, and table notes.
- Read the full report from the Nov. 5th Neighbor-to-Neighbor Conversation attended by over 50 Neighbors. And the City’s responses to questions neighbors asked here.
- NEW: Download the input from the HALA Focus Group on the CHUV Zoning Map here.
Download the Crown Hill Urban Village first draft rezone map here.
Download the Comparison Analysis of Zoning changes prepared by the Committee for Smart Growth here.
Download the guide to how to read the map here or view the Video below.