Updated February 2018
City Proposes Extensive Rezones for CHUV; Neighbors can Comment
The Office of Planning and Community Development released its preferred alternative zoning recommendations for Crown Hill Urban Village as part of the final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- View the recommended zoning changes in CHUV and Citywide on this more easily readable interactive map (click Preferred Alternative Map).
- The City released their summary of community input. View that document here.
- Read the City’s information about the proposed changes, including frequently asked questions, see examples of proposed housing changes and more HERE.
- Updated descriptions of the housing types proposed for CHUV (downloadable .pdf here)
How YOU can weigh-in on the rezones
The re-zoning proposal will go to City Council for a vote that is currently anticipated in late Summer, 2018. Neighbors can ask questions and voice their opinions about the rezones in one or more of the forums coming up. The CHUV Committee for Smart Growth Recommendations for Smart Growth may be helpful.
District 5 + 6 Open House │ Wednesday, February 28, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
What? City Officials will be on hand to answer questions and discuss the maps
Where? Whitman Middle School CAFETERIA, 9201 15th Ave NW Seattle, WA 98117 (map)
District 5 + 6 Public Hearing, │ Monday, March 12, 6:00 p.m.
What? This is a public hearing where the council will take testimony on the rezones. Read tips on how to testify to prepare.
Where? Northgate Community Center 10510 5th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125 (map)
Contact the City Council by phone or email. Contact information is here.
Go to City Hall to make public comment before the City Council Select Committee on Mandatory Housing Affordability that is convening regularly until August to discuss the rezones. The schedule is available at this link.
Appeal of the Environmental Impact Statement Underway
Neighbors have requested information on the neighborhood coalition legal appeal currently underway of the MHA Environmental Impact Statement and rezoning. Contact Seattle Fair Growth directly to learn more about the appeal and to donate. CHUV Committee for Smart Growth is not participating in the appeal.
We have left information about the previous proposed rezoning maps as well CHUV neighbor comments and feedback for reference below …
Posted Winter 2016
What do Neighbors think about the proposed rezone maps?
- Read the Summary or Full Report of Neighbor Feedback on the draft maps our Committee shared with the City in December.
- NEW: The City released a summary of neighbor feedback from the November 15th City Council led Design Workshops, including the map, summary of themes, and table notes.
- Read the full report from the Nov. 5th Neighbor-to-Neighbor Conversation attended by over 50 Neighbors. And the City’s responses to questions neighbors asked here.
- NEW: Download the input from the HALA Focus Group on the CHUV Zoning Map here.
Download the Crown Hill Urban Village first draft rezone map here.
Download the Comparison Analysis of Zoning changes prepared by the Committee for Smart Growth here.
Download the guide to how to read the map here or view the Video below.