Did you know the City is proposing to rezone our neighborhood to allow developers to replace single-family homes with multifamily lowrise buildings?
Find Draft Zoning Maps and Neighborhood Feedback Here.
View and download the draft zoning maps, a before and after comparison, housing descriptions and a summary of neighbor feedback and questions.
The Crown Hill Urban Village Committee for Smart Growth includes neighbors like YOU
- The Crown Hill Neighborhood Association
- The Crown Hill Business Association
- Greenwood Community Council
- The Olympic Manor Community Club
- The Whittier Heights Community Council
- Expedite developing a neighborhood plan for Crown Hill Urban Village before rezoning.
- Incentivize density along arterials.
- Limit UPzoning in single-family areas.
- Prioritize infrastructure upgrades (sidewalks, transit, schools, parks, utilities) before increasing density.
- Encourage commercial spaces to be built and leased to support small, locally-owned businesses.
- Why is the City rezoning and expanding boundaries for Urban Villages
- Are the draft maps really drafts?
- How would this rezone as currently proposed impact my property and neighborhood?
- What specifically has changed in the new draft zoning maps?
Sign Up for Email
Stay informed on the latest news and learn how to get involved
Latest News & Alerts, and Upcoming Events:
On a cold day in mid-November, roughly 50 of your neighbors braved the rain to meet with Mayor Murray and City Department leads to walk and talk about opportunities for neighborhood improvements, particularly given the City’s plan for increased density in our community. Though the KIRO TV segment would have people believe
November was a hectic time for neighborhood planning activities. From our CHUV Neighbor-to-Neighbor conversation at the Greenlake Library to the City Council sponsored design workshop to the rescheduled Find it Fix It Walk. Thank you to the nearly two-hundred neighbors who joined participated to discuss zoning, infrastructure and our community’s future.